Archive for the ‘UVC Ceramic pcb’ Category

Ceramic PCB is suitable for UVC-LED

Wednesday, September 8th, 2021

Due to COVID-2019, UVC-LED is becoming more and more popular.

The wavelength of UVC-LED is 100-275nm, 265 nm is the best!

Why UVC-LED is becoming more and more popular?

Because UVC-LED has a lot of advantages for sterilization.

High efficiency: The UVC segment ultraviolet light emitted by UVC-LED generally kills bacteria and viruses within a few seconds.

Extensive bactericidal effect: UVC-LED can kill a lot of bacteria.

Safety and environmental protection (without mercury): The most obvious advantage of UVC-LED devices over traditional mercury-excited ultraviolet lamps is that the germicidal light source does not contain mercury or heavy metals, and is simple to operate, safer and more reliable.

Small size, flexible design, easy installation: UVC-LED devices are small in size, and the sterilization device is flexible in design. It can be used in small spaces where traditional ultraviolet mercury lamps cannot be used. It is more in line with the future development trend of high efficiency, small size and integration.

Why ceramic PCB is suitable for UVC-LED?

Because UVC-LED is sensitive to heat.

Due to the low external quantum efficiency (EQE) of UVC-LEDs, only about 1-3% of the input power is converted into light, while the remaining 97% is basically converted into heat. If the heat cannot be dissipated in time and the LED chip is kept below its maximum operating temperature, it will directly affect the service life of the chip, and it may even be unusable.

Due to the small size of UVC-LED, most of the heat cannot be dissipated from the surface, so the back of the LED becomes the only way to effectively dissipate heat. After years of development, UVC-LED is basically based on a flip-chip solution with a high thermal conductivity aluminum nitride substrate. Aluminum nitride (AlN) PCB made by Best Technology has high thermal conductivity (thermal conductivity 180 W/(mK) ~ 260 W/(mK)), which meets the needs of high heat dissipation of UVC-LED and effectively extends the service life of UVC-LED.

Please feel free to contact sales@bestpcbs.com to know more about ceramic PCB for UVC-LED.

Ceramic PCB for UVC LED
AlN Ceramic PCB

You may also like