Product > Ceramic PCB > DCB Ceramic PCB Design Guide
Because its special characteristics of DCB ceramic board, you cannot design DCB PCB following normal FR4 PCB design rule. Here are simple design guide for DCB ceramic printed circuit board.
- Conductor material: Copper, thickness 0.1mm~0.3mm;
- Copper thickness VS trace space & trace width
For 0.1mm (3OZ) copper thickness, trace space & width should be 0.3mm;
0.2mm copper, 0.4mm space & width;
0.3mm copper, 0.5mm space & width
- Maximum effective working area: 126x176mm
- Substrate (Al2O3 & AIN) thickness:
0.25mm (seldom used, extreme expensive), 0.38mm, 0.50mm, 0.63mm(standard), 0.76mm, 1.0mm, and 1.27mm (only for AIN)
- There should be 0.3mm margin between trace and edge of board at each side for 0.1mm thickness copper; 0.4mm margin for 0.2mm copper thickness; 0.5mm margin for 0.3mm copper thickness;
- Surface finishing: Nickel (1~7um); or Aug plating (0.075~0.1um, 3~4 u”)
- No soldermask is better (working temperature is -55~+850C, as most of ceramic board was working in high temperature > 200C, no good oil is suitable for that temperature range)
- We will ship via single piece, as Al2O3 need to be cut by laser and not easy de-panel like normal FR4 PCB
- ore hole, more expensive. Min hole: 0.15mm, no Max. Hole diameter > 0.5mm will be better in price.
- Normally trace should be related much simple compared with FR4 board
Knowing ceramic substrate feature will be better for you to understand and design a good board. Here is a picture showing above design guide.
| DCB Ceramic PCB Design Rule Picture
| Please click here for immediate quotation online
Please contact us today if you have any question on DCB Ceramic PCB design.